Candle Care Kits
Candle Care Kits
The Mojo Candle Care Kit is the perfect way to ensure your candle has the most efficient, even and long-lasting burn life. They also make a perfect gift for the candle connoisseur in your life, to display nicely near candles and is always in easy reach when each item is needed to use and care for a candle.
The Mojo Candle Care Kit includes:
- 1 x Wick Trimmer
- 1 x Candle Snuffer
- 1 x Lighter
- 1 x Tray
- 1 x Cotton Pouch
The Wick Trimmer, perhaps the most important tool in a candle owner's arsenal, ensures your candle has the most even and long-lasting burn life. This applies to both cotton and wood wick candles. Four reasons to use wick trimmers:
- The base plates of the wick trimmer efficiently cuts away a wick's "mushroom head", the frayed burnt tip, which happens during the burning. Otherwise, if a mushroom head is not removed before re-lighting, it can create an uneven, large flame with a large amount of flickering and wax spitting. This means the cotton or wood wick candle also burns faster than it should, resulting in a shorter burn life.
- The base cutting plates also help prevent the charcoal of the burnt wick from temporarily staining your hands, the candle surface and surroundings.
- The long, thin handles of the wick trimmer allow you to get down into a candle vessel to easily trim the wick carefully.
- Wood wick candles can get knots in the wood invisible to the naked eye which can sometimes cause issues when attempting to re-light. Wick Trimmers help to trim away the frayed burnt sections and get passed the knot in the wood, making it easy to re-light the wood wick.
How to use the Wick Trimmers: After the important first burn, once the wax has hardened and solidified again, a wick should then always be trimmed to about 2-5mm before re-lighting to remove the mushroom head. Discard the burnt wick tip, along with any other debris that may have fallen into the wax—these can present a fire hazard if they reignite.
The Candle Snuffer is one of the best ways to put a candle flame out. This metal candle snuffer can provide a cleaner, more efficient alternative and they have been used for centuries to extinguish fire lights with minimal smoke. Four reasons to use a candle snuffer:
- When you blow out a candle, it releases a plume of thick, dark smoke. This smoke can deposit soot on your skin or clothes or cause them to smell.
- Asthmatics could be effected by the smoke released when a candle is blown out.
- Blowing a candle out with too much force can potentially send droplets of wax spraying, resulting in a waxy mess or even minor burns.
- Over the long term, blowing out your candles can lead to unsightly black buildup on the wax or around the the inside of the container. Snuffers make useful tools to have on hand if you want to keep your candles looking clean and new for as long as possible
How to use the Candle Snuffer: Place the bell / cylinder of the Snuffer over the wick. The cylinder is the small metal cup at the end of the long handle. When you lower the cylinder over the flame, it deprives it of oxygen, stifling it gradually. Unlike blowing out the candle, this won’t create as much smoke or soot. Keep your hand a safe distance away from the flame to prevent accidents.
The Lighter is for easy and quick lighting rather than going searching for a tiny lighter in the unorganised kitchen drawer where anything is impossible to find. Three reasons to use this lighter:
- It has a long, thin and ergonomic handle to easily get down into the candle as it gets lower in later burns - this is next to impossible with cigarette lighters with many candle vessels.
- It has a quick-release switch.
- It is in easy reach to quickly light a candle rather than searching endlessly for the kitchen one in the miscellaneous drawer.
How to use the Lighter: With the lighter in one hand and the candle in the other, tilt the candle on a 45 degree angle, insert the lighter so the tip is almost touching the wick. Using your thumb, push the lever forward and hold flame to the wick for a few seconds, until the wick ignites. Remove lighter and tilt candle back to vertical and place on a flat, stable surface out of reach of children and pets. Place lighter back on the tray with the other tools, also out of reach of children and pets. Enjoy your candle!
* The lighter is sent filled with lighter fluid. Butane or Lighter fluid cans to refill your lighter can be purchased from most supermarkets and hardware stores. You may need to use a pen or something similar to release any trapped air (by pushing the pen tip into where the gas can tip is inserted).Press the pen in a few times (pointing it away from your face!) for about 5-10 secs. If gas comes out it means it is full but that you may need to adjust the height of the flame with a small flathead screwdriver in the direction you need using the + and - symbol to guide you. If no gas came out when pressing the pen in, refill with the butane gas - hold the gas can pressed in, release, press in and repeat for about 10 secs until it starts squirting out the sides. You have filled your lighter!
The Tray is the pièce de résistance to display the candle care tools neatly and in an aesthetically pleasing way near your candles for easy and efficient use.
The Cotton Pouch is the perfect way to store, transport or gift the Candle Care Kit to a loved one.
Wick Trimmer: L 18cm x W 5.8cm x H 3cm
Candle Snuffer: L 16.8cm x W 2.4cm x H 3.7cm (Handle Length 15cm)
Lighter: L 17.7cm x W 1.5cm x H 1.1cm
Tray: L 23cm x W 9.5cm x H 1.1cm
Please note: Please keep the Candle Care tools and any candles out of reach of children and pets. The Lighter and the Wick Trimmer could cause serious burns and injuries or fire hazards if left within easy reach and left unattended.
Low stockView full details
Buying From Here & There Makers
We are still operating online
Using our secure credit card facility. Includes GPay (Google), Apple Pay and Shop (Shopify) Pay.
Direct Bank Deposit - may take a little longer while funds clear, but good if you don't have a credit card. Bank Details will be displayed upon purchase completion.
If you have any questions or concerns, please message us (link at the bottom right), or contact us directly.
Of course, please contact us directly if you need help finding something or have a general enquiry.
To see details of how we handle shipping and packaging, please click here.